Part-Time Program Manager
Join a great team of dedicated staff and Board Members in transforming the lives of underserved children in our community through expressive art! We are seeking an experienced part-time Program Manager, working approximately 20 hours per week, to help us achieve our goals. This position would be ideal for someone who is very efficient in their work, but who also desires flexibility. This is a contract position; work from home.
The Program Manager is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision, expansion and evaluation of all the organization’s expressive art programs. The Program Manager also participates in strategic planning, marketing, public relations and budgeting as each pertains to the program.
• Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
• Expand program delivery by forming partnerships with service organizations and establishing new art groups throughout the Bay Area
• Assist with marketing and fundraising via public presentations and compiling stories, art and photos from art groups
• Oversee program budget and expenses
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, you will:
• Oversee art group facilitators: recruiting, training and ongoing support (individual and group); visit each site 1-2x/year
• Recruit, train, assign and oversee volunteers; upgrade volunteer training program
• Reach out to other organizations dealing with underserved kids and build community partnerships
• Gather feedback from site coordinators and parents of participants; contribute content for marketing use
• Participate in relevant community meetings as deemed appropriate
• Degree in art therapy, counseling, child development social work or other related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prior management/supervisorial and volunteer recruitment experience
• Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills
• Understanding of DrawBridge philosophy and the power of expressive art
• Ability to build relationships with volunteers, facilitators, site coordinators and other community partners
• Excellent listening skills, supportive instincts, empathy and calm presence
• Comfortable working with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
• Access to a vehicle
Please send cover letter and resume to Executive Director Julie Scribner, email@example.com.